Sunday, April 30, 2017

Picture of a Memory

     Pictures are worth a thousand words right? You know how you can just look at certain pictures and remember exactly how you were feeling and the thoughts going through your head as you posed for this picture. You can remember the sounds and the smells and the knot in your stomach? So many emotions can be held in a single snapshot.
     Well just yesterday facebook reminded me that 2 years ago my best friend stepped off the plane.  Home from his mission. I greeted him at the busy airport and stood next to him while my dad took the most awkward picture I have ever been involved in. And I am an awkward person,  so that's saying something. I remember the butterflies in my stomach.  I remember how excited I was to have him home.  And I remember having to fight back the urge to just give him a great big hug.  I didn't know it at the time,  but life had a lot in store for us in just a short amount of time.

     Looking back now,  I had no idea what I was getting myself into. No idea where life would take us or the adventures we'd go on together or the struggles we would face. But I knew I had waited 2 long years to see if this relationship would work out. I knew I loved him, though I wouldn't admit it to anyone at the time. And I knew I would do anything for him and that I wanted to keep him around.
     This man who stood before taught me so much and had helped me through some of the toughest patches of my life.  He helped me to see my worth,  and my potential.  And always encouraged me to do great things and never give up.  He was happy with my success. He actually cared about me. And I was excited to see where this would go and how our story would unfold.
     Just recently we celebrated our first wedding anniversary,  so naturally a lot has changed since this picture was taken. Life has been quite the roller coaster these last two years with all its ups and downs, and a few loop-da-loops. But there is no one I'd rather be on this ride with than him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment