Monday, May 1, 2017

Dear Future Child

Dear Future Child
     I don't know much about you yet.  I don't know what you'll look like,  what kind of things you'll be interested in,  or even if you're a boy or a girl. But I know I love you.  And I know your daddy loves you.
     I've been thinking about you a lot today as I start another round of infertility pills.  Another one of my friends also announced on facebook today that they were having a baby and as it made me rejoice for her,  my heart ached a little for me.  Out of jealousy that she'll get to meet her little one before I'll get to meet mine.
  As it was pay day today your daddy and I put another $40 into an envelope for you. You won't be old enough to appreciate it,  but we're saving up to ensure you have the best of everything.  Everytime I put more money into that envelope I think of you.
  I know you won't understand for a long time,  but I really hope you come soon.  Your dad and I have been praying to meet you.  I hope someday you can appreciate what we do for you.  We put my body through seemingly endless amounts of hormone supplements that really mess with my emotional and physical well being,  and your daddy's sanity. He's so good at taking care of me though and making sure I take my pills on time and making sure I take it easy when I need to. It gets really tiring some days and it's really hard on me. But I know it'll be worth it when I finally get to hold you in my arms.
  I hope and pray that you never have to go through this. It's one thing to go through this myself,  but having to watch my child not receive a righteous desire of their heart due to physical infirmities would be even worse.
  I hope I can be a good mother and raise you right. I hope you're father and I can teach you everything you'll need to know to take on this cruel world we live in.  I already know you'll make a difference in the world simply because having you here will make a difference to us. Watching you learn and grow is something your dad and I look forward to a lot.
  I hope you know we love you,  and we are doing everything in our power to get you here with us. We love you unconditionally and cant wait to see all that you'll do with this life! I can't wait to get that pink line on a test that tells us we're finally going to get to meet you. I can't wait to hold you in my arms little one.
  Love,
  Your Future Mother

1 comment:

  1. awe sweetie. Have faith and just do everything healthy you can for your body and it'll happen! I'll say a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete