Saturday, August 4, 2018

Dear Future Child-Adventure Awaits!

I wrote this back in April. I'm not sure why it didn't get published until now.
April 12th, 2018
Dear Future Child,
I've been thinking about you a lot over the last couple days as your dad and I celebrate our anniversary in Disneyland and Universal Studios. Everywhere we looked we saw young families with children filled with excitement. I know you'll come to us in due time, yet I couldn't help but look forward to the day when we can take you with us. I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful smile and the sparkle in your eyes as you enter the theme park filled with all the excitement your little body could contain. I imagine hearing your little laugh as we ride the rides and experience the thrills in the park.
In fact, I look forward to all the adventures we will have with our little family. I am a firm believer that road trips bring people so much closer together. I want to take you to Oregon to play in the ocean and search for sand dollars. We will take you to Washington so you can go up in the Space Needle and look down on the city and walk through Pikes Place. We will go to San Francisco and you can go see Alcatraz and the twisty road that your grandpa loved showing me when I was a kid. We will stay an night in Las Vegas where you can go to M&M World and watch The Tournament of the Kings.
Of course we will also do little trips a little closer to home. I plan to take you to Bear Lake, a place I remember as my second home during the summers of my childhood. We'll have to go to Mirror Lake too, we used to celebrate my birthday there every summer. It will be so exciting to watch you catch your first fish and cook it in the fire. I'll want to take you to Arches National Park, maybe Delicate Arch will still be standing and you can hike up to that Utah trademark. As you get older we'll get to take you backpacking, maybe we can even convince your grandpa to come with us to Kings Peak, the tallest point in Utah! We'll have to teach you to snowboard because how can you live in Utah and not go skiing or snowboarding at least once?
There's such a big world out there with so much to see. Don't ever lose your sense of adventure.
I still can't wait to meet you.
Love,
Mom

1 comment: