Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

     To have a mother as great as mine is probably one of the greatest gifts I've been given in this life.  And today being Mothers Day I felt like I should make a little shout out to her and all she does and has done for me.
     Mom, thanks for teaching me how to clean.  And how to be a hard worker.  And how to be detailed.  I've come pretty far in life using the little things you probably didn't even realize you were teaching me.
    Thanks for coming to my doctors appointments,  even now that I'm married.  There's just something comforting about having you there sometimes.
    Thanks for being so supportive in everything we do.  From buying a house to deciding to try and have kids.  You're always standing behind asking what you can do to help and it's really appreciated.  Thanks for believing in me and never giving up on me.
    Thanks for planning my wedding.  You and Morgan did mostly everything. You made it so I didn't have much to worry about and it was great.  Thanks for cooking all the food and for all the time and money you put into every detail of the wedding and reception, making that day so perfect for me.
    Thanks for raising me in the church and teaching me to accept callings,  even when their hard. As hard as it is to admit,  I know that my current calling in the nursery will help me learn and grow in ways that I may need to before becoming a mother.
    Thanks for showing me how much you love dad.  And how much he knows you.  You have both helped me prepare for this point in my life for being a great example of what I wanted in my marriage, and of a happy couple.
    Thanks for always loving me unconditionally.  And for being a great example of what a mom should be like.  I sincerely hope I can be just as good of a mother some day.
    I love you mom! You are so strong.  You've dealt with so much in the last year or so.  So much has changed.  But it'll get better.  Morgan will be home soon and everything else will start to hurt less a little at a time.  Things will look up.
    Thanks for being my role model and my best friend.  I love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment